Monday, July 17, 2023

Project 3 Proposal (Research)

 Character Design Sheet/ Research

Goals for the project:
  • Character Design Template 
    (for quick documentation and portfolio)
  • One Clear design sheet for Mari (Bloodsong) that includes a species break down
  • Template will be neutral with small framing so it easier to place your pieces to build the reference sheet.
(Bonus) Template also works as a way of showcasing environment and prop concept art. Better if it can show case the model and the 2D concept,

Why? I want an easier and presentable method of showcasing my character designs and 2D work in general. Since I made a template for show casing my 3D work that worked very well. I wanted to do the same for my 2D design work. 
Having a template would make it easier for me to focus on the design rather then worrying about how im going to arrange the design on the canvas. I also want to avoid the issue with using templates off the internet is sometimes there too detailed and they pull away from your design. I also don't like using blank white or grey canvases.
 




Schedule

Week1 general thoughts and preplanning
Week 2 first pass of lay out templates and Mari design
Week 3 final pass finish designs and make template ready to be uploaded to GitHub


                                                                Current template block out



No comments:

Post a Comment

Sophies Castle (WIP) Turn in

 Castle has first pass textures and I plan to continue working on the model over break and building on the custom smart materials i made for...